2015년 5월 24일 일요일

Dic: bloody (as emphasizing in a slightly rude way)


[Adj, Adv] used to emphasize an adjective, adverb or noun in a slightly rude way:

  • Life would be bloody boring if nothing ever went wrong.
  • Don't be so bloody stupid.
  • She's done bloody well to reach the semi-final.
  • You must think I'm a bloody fool.
  • I had a bloody good time last night.
  • I'm afraid there's not a bloody thing (= nothing) you can do about it.
  • I can't see a bloody thing (= anything) in here.

CF. used to express anger or to emphasize what you are saying in a slightly rude way:
  • I've had a bloody awful week.
  • It's a bloody disgrace that some war widows don't get a decent pension.
  • Don't be a bloody idiot!
  • This computer's bloody useless! It's always going wrong.
  • Don't you tell me what to do! I'll do what I bloody well like in my own house.

.... CALD

댓글 없음:

댓글 쓰기