1. proceed with sth:
_ to continue doing sth that has already been started;
_ to continue being done.
- We’re not sure whether we still want to proceed with the sale.
- Work is proceeding slowly.
3. If an activity, process, or event proceeds, it goes on and does not stop.
- The ideas were not new. Their development had proceeded steadily since the war.
- The group proceeded with a march they knew would lead to bloodshed.
- The trial has been delayed until November because the defence is not ready to proceed.
1. To go forward or onward, especially after an interruption; continue:
- proceeded to his destination;
- paused to clear her throat, then proceeded.
- Business proceeded as usual.
.... The American Heritage