2017년 11월 1일 수요일

[발췌] Why Finance Needs More Humanity, and Why Humanity Needs Finance


출처: https://hbr.org/ideacast/2017/06/why-finance-needs-more-humanity-and-why-humanity-needs-finance

An interview with Professor Mihir Desai over his book, Wisdom of Finance:

※ 발췌 (excerpt):

( ... ... ) And she says, suppose I do will my land to their children. She doesn't actually have children. So she's talking about willing her land to other people's children.

"What difference will that make? The land belongs to the future, Carl. That's the way it seems to me. How many of the names on the county clerk's plat will there be in 50 years? I might as well try to will the sunset over there to my brother's children. We come and go. But the land is always here. And the people who love it and understand it are the people who own it for a little while."

One of the reasons I really like that is it captures one of the notions in finance of stewardship, where we are all just stewards of capital. And then we hand it over to the next generation, which is one of the fundamental ideas in value creation. It's in contrast to the way a lot of people think about finance.

( ... ... )

댓글 없음:

댓글 쓰기