- We wouldn't have time to put together an agreement.
- We got to work on putting the book together.
- It took all morning to put the proposal together.
- I think we can put together a very strong case for the defence.
- to put together a model plane/an essay/a meal
- to put together a new bookcase; to put together a tax package.
* * *
△ If you put together an agreement, plan,or product, you design and create it.
△ to prepare or produce something by collecting pieces of information, ideas etc
△ to make or prepare something by fitting or collecting parts together
△ To construct; create
△ create by putting components or members together; assemble, piece, set up, tack, tack together
... COBUILD, LDOCE, OALD, American Heritage, WordNet