1 [V-LINK] no cont, V n △If something constitutes a particular thing, it can be regarded as being that thing.
1 [linking verb, not in progressive] △to be considered to be something.
1 linking verb. △(not used in the progressive tenses) to be considered to be something.
- Testing patients without their consent would constitute a professional and legal offence...
- Failing to complete the work constitutes a breach of the employment contract.
- The rise in crime constitutes a threat to society.
- Does such an activity constitute a criminal offense?
- The increase in racial tension constitutes a threat to our society.
- His action was interpreted as constituting a threat to the community.