▷[PHRASE] PHR after v △ If you get something in perspective or into perspective, you judge its real importance by considering it in relation to everything else. If you get something out of perspective, you fail to judge its real importance in relation to everything else.
- Remember to keep things in perspective...
- It helps to put their personal problems into perspective...
- I let things get out of perspective.
▷[U] a sensible way of judging and comparing situations so that you do not imagine that something is more serious than it really is.
- I think Viv's lost all sense of perspective .
- The figures have to be put into perspective .
- get/keep sth in perspective (=judge the importance of something correctly)
(*Typically: be ~; get something ~; have something ~; put something [into] ~.)
- Let's try to keep everything in perspective.
- If we put the matter into perspective, I think we can discuss it reasonably.