2016년 11월 26일 토요일

Dic/ some usages/ on: sth on you; just not on; sth on your mind; mind is on sth


─ You can say that you have something on you if you are carrying it in your pocket or in a bag.

  • I didn't have any money on me.

─ If you say that something is not on or is just not on, you mean that it is unacceptable or impossible. (mainly BRITISH INFORMAL)
  • We shouldn't use the police in that way. It's just not on.

─ If something is on your mind, you are worried or concerned about it and think about it a lot.
  • This game has been on my mind all week.
  • I just forgot, I've had a lot on my mind.

─ If your mind is on something or you have your mind on something, you are thinking about that thing.
  • At school I was always in trouble - my mind was never on my work.
..... COBUILD

댓글 없음:

댓글 쓰기