1. To descend or drop(,) freely or effortlessly(,) into something.
To descend(,) or drop freely or effortlessly(,) into something.
- I was so tired that I went to my bedroom and fell into bed.
- The lines of text fell into neat rows.
- After a quick meeting, our plans fell into place. (cf. fall into place, click into place)
- They fell into a lot of money unexpectedly, so they bought a new car.
- I took one look at my class schedule and fell into a bad mood.
- The tenants complained when the apartment building fell into disrepair.