- She showed real character in her attempts to win over the crowd.
- I didn't know Ron had that much strength of character.
- Everyone admires her strength of character and determination.
- He showed great character returning to the sport after his accident.
- Adventure camps are considered to be character-building .
* * *
[N-Uncount] If you say that someone has character, you mean that they have the ability to deal effectively with difficult, unpleasant, or dangerous situations.
[Uncountable] (approving) strong personal qualities such as ability to deal with difficult or dangerous situations
- An ugly shopping centre stands across from one of the few buildings with character.
- The modern hotels here have no real character.
- a face with a lot of character
[uncountable] (usually approving) the interesting or unusual quality that a place or a person has
- He'll be sadly missed. He was a real character.
- She's a real character!
[countable] (informal) an interesting or unusual person
........ COBUILD, OALD