These are all words for something that you are trying to achieve.
- target: a result that you try to achieve:
... Set targets that you can reasonably hope to achieve. sales targets
- objective (somewhat formal): something that you are trying to achieve:
... What are the objectives of this project?
- goal: something that you hope to achieve:
... He continued to pursue his goal of becoming an actor.
target, objective, or goal?
(1) A target is usually officially recorded in some way, for example by an employer. It is often specific, and in the form of figures, such as number of sales, exam scores, or a date.
(2) People often set their own objectives: these are things that they wish to achieve, often as part of a project or a talk they are giving.
(3) Goals: are often long-term, and relate to people's life and career plans or the long-term plans of a company or organization.
- object: the purpose of something; something that you plan to achieve:... The object of the campaign is to educate people about highway safety.
- end: something that you plan to achieve:
... She used her family for political ends.
... That's only OK if you believe that the end justifies the means(= bad methods of doing something are acceptable if the final result is good).
[NOTE] End is usually used in the plural or in particular fixed expressions.
CF. intent & synonyms(intention…intent…purpose…goal…end…aim…object…objective)