▷ run wild :
a) to grow without cultivation or care
b) to behave without restraint
▷ run wild : If someone, especially a child runs wild, they behave as they want to and no one controls them.
▷ If something or someone, especially a child, runs wild, they behave in a natural, free, or uncontrolled way.
- Everything that could grow was running wild for lack of attention...
- The dandelions have run riot in our lawn.
- The children ran wild at the birthday party and had to be taken home.
1. if people run riot, they behave in a way that is not controlled, running in all directions or being noisy or violent
- I dread them coming round because they let their kids run riot.
- My imagination was running riot, thinking of all the ways that I could spend the money.