These nouns refer to a favorable or advantageous circumstance or combination of circumstances.
- Opportunity is an auspicious state of affairs or a suitable time:
... "If you prepare yourself . . . you will be able to grasp opportunity for broader experience when it appears" (Eleanor Roosevelt).
- Occasion suggests the proper time for action:
... an auspicious occasion; an occasion for celebration.
- An opening is an opportunity affording a good possibility of success:
... waited patiently for her opening, then exposed the report's inconsistency.
- Chance often implies an opportunity that arises through luck or accident:
... a chance for us to chat; no chance of losing.
- A break is an often sudden piece of luck, especially good luck:
... got his first big break in Hollywood.
1(a). A favorable or advantageous circumstance or combination of circumstances.
1(b). A favorable or suitable occasion or time.
2. A chance for progress or advancement.
.... The American Heritage
CF. Dic: an opportunity (하고 싶은데 할 수 있겠다 싶은 것)