- The cold, hard cruelty of two young men is vividly brought to life in this true story.
- Poems which had seemed dull and boring suddenly came to life.
- The new teacher really brought French to life for us.
- Flowers can bring a dull room back to life.
* * *
13. PHRASE : V inflects △If you bring something to life or if it comes to life, it becomes interesting or exciting.
bring somebody/something to life △to make somebody/something more interesting or exciting
14. PHRASE : V inflects △If something or someone comes to life, they become active.
- The volcano came to life a week ago.
- to become more interesting, exciting or full of activity: The match finally came to life in the second half.
- to start to act or move as if alive: In my dream all my toys came to life.
..... Cobuild, OALD