2009년 11월 9일 월요일

Dic: go out of your way to do something

  • He was very kind to me and seemed to go out of his way to help me.
  • I'll have to go out of my way to give you a ride home.
  • I'll give you a ride even though I have to go out of my way.
  • We went out of our way to please the visitor.
  • We appreciate anything you can do, but don't go out of your way.
  • They really went out of their way to make us feel welcome.
  1. PHRASE : V inflects, usu PHR to-inf | If you go out of your way to do something, for example to help someone, you make a special effort to do it.
  2. (1) Lit. to travel an indirect route or an extra distance in order to do something. (2) Fig. to make an effort to do something; to accept the bother of doing something.
  3. to try very hard to do something pleasant for other people

댓글 없음:

댓글 쓰기