자료 1: http://searchsecurity.techtarget.com/definition/intelligence-community
The term intelligence community refers to government and other public agencies as well as private agencies that gather, assemble, and report information that pertains to world or national security. For example, in the United States, the intelligence community (which refers to itself as the Intelligence Community) includes [:]
- the Central Intelligence Agency (CIA),
- the National Security Agency (NSA),
- the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI),
- the Treasury Department, and
- departments within each of the branches of the military.
- individuals and companies that contract to provide intelligence gathering or analysis services for the government, for corporations, or for private individuals, or who publish intelligence news to the general public. An example of a company that provides a range of services is Jane's, originally a publisher of information about shipping and aviation, which now offers information about worldwide military capabilities.
자료 2: An Overview of the United States Intelligence Community for the 111th Congress (2009)
자료 3: These 17 Agencies Make Up The Most Sophisticated Spy Network In The World (Business Insider, May 2013)
The U.S. intelligence community is vast, composed of 17 distinct organizations each operating under its own shroud of secrecy. Oversight of these agencies generally falls to the Department of Defense or Congress, leaving the average citizen with precious little knowledge of how they operate. Funded by largely classified budgets, it's difficult to assess how much the U.S. annually spends on these clandestine operations, but one 2012 estimate pegs the cost at about $75 billion. The following slides highlight the expansive reach of the U.S. intelligence community.
자료 4: Office of the Director of National Intelligence
The U.S. Intelligence Community is a coalition of 17 agencies and organizations, including the ODNI, within the Executive Branch that work both independently and collaboratively to gather and analyze the intelligence necessary to conduct foreign relations and national security activities. Hover over each component for a brief description or for more detail visit: Members of the IC.
자료 5: Wikipedia: United States Intelligence Community