2013년 5월 27일 월요일

Keynes's Letter to his mother on 14 September 1930


출처: J.M. Keynes, Collected Writings, vol. 13: General Theory and After (...)

p. 176:

Keynes finally finished the book[A Treatise on Money] on 14 September 1930 and wrote a characteristic note to his mother.

* * *

To F.A. Keynes, 14 September 1930

My dearest Mother,

This evening, at last, I have finished my book. It has occupied me seven years off and on,ㅡand so one parts from it with mixed feelings. A relief anyhow that it hasn't dragged on into next term. Artistically it is a failureㅡI have changed my mind too much during the course of it for it to be a proper unity. But I think it contains an abundance of ideas and material. It is nearly twice as long as ^Probability^ and four times the length of my other books. It will be published on October 21 or 24.[1]

Ever your affectionate son
J.M.K.
* * *

[1] It was published on 31 October.

댓글 없음:

댓글 쓰기