OALD ▷ 2. the situation now; life generally
- Everything in the capital is now quiet.
- ‘How's everything with you?’ ‘Fine, thanks.’
2. You use everything to refer to all possible or likely actions, activities, or situations.
- ‘This should have been decided long before now.’ ‘We can't think of everything.’
- Noel and I do everything together.
- Are you doing everything possible to reduce your budget?
- She says everything is going smoothly.
- Is everything all right?.
- Everything's going to be just fine.