■ from sth (of food or money).
If food, money, etc. is left over, it remains when the rest has been eaten or used up.
- After I've paid my rent and bought food there isn't much left over to spend on books.
- There was plenty of food left over after the party.
- There's some rice left over from lunch.
If there is a certain amount of something left, or if you have a certain amount of it left, it remains when the rest has gone or been used.
- Is there any gin left?
- He's got plenty of money left.
- They still have six games left to play.
.... OALD, Cobuild