2011년 3월 3일 목요일

Dic: reach out

  • He reached out, but there was no one to take hold of.
  • I reached out and grabbed onto the first thing I could get hold of.
  • If you are that lonely, you ought to reach out. Get to know some new friends.
  • I need to reach out more and meet people.
  • Don reached out after Doris, but she slipped away before he could get a good hold on her.
  • Doris reached out for the door, but it slammed closed.
  • I was going through a hard time, and Johnny really reached out to me during that period.
  • He used his dance company as a way of reaching out to African-American youth.

  1. reach out :
    (1) Lit. to extend one's grasp outward.
    (2) Fig. to enlarge one's circle of friends and experiences.
  2. reach out (after someone or something) and reach out (for something) : to extend one's grasp to someone or something.
  3. reach out (to somebody) : to make a special effort to communicate with or help someone.

댓글 없음:

댓글 쓰기