2018년 6월 1일 금요일

Dic: take back// take someone back



─. take (someone) back: to cause (someone) to remember a time or event - usu. + to.

  • This meal takes me back to [= it makes me remember] our vacation in Mexico.
  • a song that takes you back to your childhood.

─. If you say that something takes you back, you mean that it reminds you of a period of your past life and makes you think about it again.
  • I enjoyed experimenting with colours─it took me back to being five years old.
  • This takes me back.

─. to remind one of the past; cause one to reminisce
  • That tune really takes me back.

─. to make you remember a time in the past.
  • Having the grandchildren around takes me back to days when my own children were small.

........ Merriam-Webster Learner's, Cobuild, Collins, LDOCE

댓글 없음:

댓글 쓰기