3【FIXED POSITION】 [I/T] △to become fixed in one position and impossible to move, or to make something become fixed
- The wheels suddenly locked.
- He locked his hands around the younger man's throat.
- A moment later they were locked in an embrace (=holding each other very tightly in a loving or friendly way).
- Their eyes locked together (=they could not look away from each other) for an instant.
be locked in/into sth
- Security forces and militants are locked in a vicious cycle of killing.
- The company is locked into a three year contract with PARCO.
- They are now locked in a bitter custody battle over the three children.