2010년 2월 12일 금요일

Dic: feel (revisiting one of its meanings)

  • I feel that not enough is being done to protect the local animal life.
  • I feel certain that it will all turn out well.
  • She felt herself to be part of a large business empire.
  • I never felt myself a real child of the sixties. .... (Cobuild up to here)
  • She felt it to be her duty to tell the police.
  • She felt it her duty to tell the police.
  • I felt it advisable to do nothing.
  • This is something I feel strongly about. ..... (OALD up to here)
  • We have never felt able to raise the kind of money we need. .... (some other source)

VERB : no cont | If you feel that something is the case, you have a strong idea in your mind that it is the case.

(not usually used in the progressive tenses) | to think or believe that sth is the case; to have a particular opinion or attitude.

to believe, think, or be of the opinion.

댓글 없음:

댓글 쓰기