2009년 2월 25일 수요일

live with something, live through something

live with something: 
 - to put up with something; to endure something. (Does not mean "to dwell with.") 
  • That is not acceptable. I can't live with that. Please change it
  • Mary refused to live with the proposed changes.
... McGrow-Hill Idioms
 - to accept something that is not exactly what you wanted. 
  • I'm not earning much money, but I guess we're just going to have to live with it
  • This agreement isn't perfect but it's something I can live with.
... Cambridge Idioms

live through:
 - If you live through an unpleasant event or change, you experience it and survive.
  • We are too young to have lived through the war.
.... Cobuild

 - to endure something; to survive an unpleasant or dangerous time of one's life. 
  • I almost did not live through the operation
  • I know I can't live through another attack.


댓글 없음:

댓글 쓰기