- Her first major role was in Martin Scorsese's 'Goodfellas' and she followed this with a part in Spike Lee's 'Jungle Fever'.
- She followed dinner with a brandy.
- He followed his lecture with a question and answer period.
- She followed her lecture with a question-and-answer period.
- The band followed its hit record with a national tour.
* * *
△If you follow one thing with another, you do or say the second thing after you have done or said the first thing.
△to bring something about at a later time than.
△to bring something about at a later time than or as a consequence of.
... ... COBUILD, WordNet, American Heritage