- At last she has the justice that is her due.
- He accepted all the praise he received as his due.
- Freddy, to give him his due(=to be fair to him), always tried to be honest.
- You finally received your due.
- He really upset Lydia, although give him his due, he did apologize afterward.
* * *
■ [singular] Someone's due is something that they have a right to receive.
- [to give someone their due] used when you are going to say something good about someone, after you have been criticizing them.
■ Something owed or deserved.
■ give (a person) his due: to give or allow what is deserved or right.
.... Macmillan, LDOCE, The American Heritage, Collins
CF. Your dues:
- Robert failed to pay his dues last year.
■ dues [plural]: regular payments you make to an organization of which you are a member (=fees)
.... Macmillan, LDOCE