- She waited in her hotel to welcome her children on their arrival from London...
- On reaching Dubai the evacuees are taken straight to Dubai international airport.
- Couples are presented with a bottle of wine on their arrival at the hotel
- All patients are examined on admission to the hospital.
- What was your reaction on seeing him?
- On arriving home I discovered they had gone.
- Please report to reception on arrival.
- There was a letter waiting for him on his return.
- On being made aware of the complaints, he informed the committee.
- They exchanged a firm handshake on parting.
- Report to the reception desk on arrival.
* * *
■ You use on when mentioning an event that was followed by another one.
■ [formal] as soon as someone has done something or as soon as something has happened.
■ immediately after something.
■ [happening immediately] FORMAL: used for saying that an event is followed immediately by another event or that the two events happen at the same time.
.... COBUILD, LDOCE, OALD, Macmillan