- involving or determined by rivalry: competitive sports
- sufficiently low in price or high in quality to be successful against commercial rivals
- relating to or characterized by an urge to compete: a competitive personality
1 [ADJ] Competitive is used to describe situations or activities in which people or firms compete with each other.
- Only by keeping down costs will America maintain its competitive advantage over other countries...
- Japan is a highly competitive market system...
- Universities are very competitive for the best students.
- He's now back up on the slopes again, skiing competitively in events for the disabled.
- He has always been ambitious and fiercely competitive...
- I'm a very competitive person and I was determined not be beaten.
- They worked hard together, competitively and under pressure.
- I can't stand the pace, I suppose, and the competitiveness, and the unfriendliness.
- Only those homes offered for sale at competitive prices will secure interest from serious purchasers.
- ...a number of early Martin and Gibson guitars, which were competitively priced.
- It is only on the world market that we can prove the competitiveness and quality of our goods.