- It's been believed for centuries that great writers, composers and scientists are essentially quite different from ordinary people...
- Essentially, vines and grapes need water, heat and light.
- That, essentially, is the difference between them.
- Essentially, NATO was giving Saddam an ultimatum.
1. used for emphasizing what is the most important aspect of something or fact about something:
* * *
- His analysis of urban use of agricultural land has been proved essentially correct...
- Essentially, the West has only two options...
- The list is essentially complete.
2. used for saying that something is mostly true, but not completely true:
... COBUILD, MacMillian