2009년 9월 25일 금요일

Dic: impress (as a verb)

  • What impressed him most was their speed.
  • Cannon's film impresses on many levels.
  • I was very impressed by one young man at my lectures.
  • I had always impressed upon the children that if they worked hard they would succeed in life.
  • I've impressed upon them the need for more professionalism.
  • I impressed on him what a huge honour he was being offered.
  • But this change has not yet impressed itself on the minds of the British public.
  • Billy Sullivan had impressed me as a fine man.

  1. VERB | If something impresses you, you feel great admiration for it.
  2. VERB | If you impress something on someone, you make them understand its importance or degree.
  3. VERB | If something impresses itself on your mind, you notice and remember it.
  4. VERB | If someone or something impresses you as a particular thing, usually a good one, they gives you the impression of being that thing.
..... Cobuild

댓글 없음:

댓글 쓰기