- He gave a resigned smile.
- stoical. He had been stoical at their parting.
- patient. years of patient devotion to her family.
- long-suffering. He went back to join his loyal, long-suffering wife.
- compliant. a docile and compliant workforce.
- submissive. Most doctors want their patients to be submissive.
- acquiescent. The other men were acquiescent but he had an independent streak.
- Submitting without objection or resistance: acquiescent, nonresistant, passive, submissive. See RESIST.
- Enduring or capable of enduring hardship or inconvenience without complaint: forbearing, long-suffering, patient. See ACCEPT
.... Roget's II: The New Thesaurus