2009년 12월 19일 토요일

Dic: there I was, there they were,

  • So there I was, stranded in London with no money.
  • And there I was--feeling lousy.
10. spoken. there I was/there they were etc. | used to describe what situation someone was in at a particular point in the story you are telling.

CF.

7. spoken. there it is/there they are etc | used when you have found something or someone that you are looking for:
  • Have you seen my keys anywhere? Ah, there they are
  • There you are. I've been looking for you.
13. spoken. there it is/there you are/there you go  | used to say that nothing can be done to change an unsatisfactory situation:
  • It's all very sad, but there it is. There's absolutely nothing any of us can do about it.
15. spoken. there you are/there you go
a) used when giving something to someone or when you have done something for someone:
  • There you are. I'll just wrap it up for you.
b) used when you think you have proved to someone that what you are telling them is right:
  • There you are, then. There's nothing to worry about.

댓글 없음:

댓글 쓰기